Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Proclamation

Mayor Battle signed a Proclamation that March 29th each year is Vietnam Veterans Day. What a wonderful thing for these wonderful soldiers to finally get some recognition. I was honored by singing my song, "To My Brother Private William Jones". It was very moving ceremony for the veteran and civilians who came to honor them. I was honored to be a part of this.




Vet Center Service Bus

Me waiting and contemplating the event. It was a very moving and humbling experience.




Mayor Battle







Thursday, March 29 will be the first celebration of the new Vietnam Veteran's Day. There will be a dedication ceremony of a statue honoring our veterans. Please come and honor our Veterans of the Vietnam War. They gave so much for us. I am honored once again to sing my song, “To My Brother Private William Jones” during this ceremony. Please come out and join us at 2:00 pm. at the Veterans Park between Washington and Jefferson Streets off Monroe. Come out to support those who fought for us to keep America the land of the free!

No comments:

Post a Comment