Tuesday, April 10, 2012

!!!Earl on Australian Radio!!!


I'm going to be on a radio show in Austrailia with Merle Haggard and George Jones  WOW!!!!

Yea, I'm bragging again - Paul Jones was kind enough to recommend my song "To my Brother Private William Jones" aka "More than a name on the Wall" to a friend of his in Australia who has a radio show as well. 

I received the following e-mail from that station today. They are playing my song for their Anzac day which is like our Veterans Day.

It's on April 25th, but the time zones are very different so according to mine and Paul's calculations, it will be on at 2:30 AM our time, on the Australian station. The station can be picked up on the computer at www.todayscountry 94one.com.au. He said he will send me a copy of the Anzac day special. This is really exciting.

Australia on the same show with Old George Jones and Merle Haggard. You never know, some folks in Australia might think I'm somebody in this business.

Here's his e-mail
G'Day again Earl!!
Unfortunately the next few weeks are VERY busy for me.............so...........bear with me till May and I'll send you over some Aussie Music etc, and a copy of my Anzac Day Special with your track and a few other USA related ones.

Can't go past George Jones "50,000 names Carved In The Wall', and the Hags "Me & Crippled Soldiers" and "Deck of Cards" eh!!

Although Anzac Day is a remembrance & celebration of those horrific aftermaths Wars inflict upon us, other cultures also have suffered and I am sure deep down we all feel for these events in similar ways.



Be in touch,
Regards,
"Tubby"

No comments:

Post a Comment